I can usually find at least some things to enjoy in every audio, and I appreciate every classic Doctor and companion for one reason or another. So it takes a lot for me to hand out 5 or below.
- A BLACK HOLE OF SUCK FROM WHICH NO LIGHT CAN ESCAPE.
- HATE IT. It may have a few good bits, but I HATE IT.
- The good parts are irredeemably tainted by the bad.
- There’s some good parts, but overall, I dislike it.
- I still enjoy it, but other listeners may not. This often falls under the category of “It would’ve been adequate on classic Who back then, but nowadays we expect more.”
- Not great, but there’s things to like in it (or “good, but I have problems with parts of it.”)
- I like it. A solid, workmanlike, if not exceptional episode.
- Excellent, exceptional story.
- LOVE IT. One of my favorites.
- (Near) PERFECTION.
Bias: I think I’m being unbiased when I rate Six’s stories highly, because it’s widely agreed that Colin is one of the best Doctors in audio. However, I’m especially partial to the Fifth Doctor and to any combination of Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and/or Mark Strickson. So take my enthusiasm for them— especially Nyssa— under advisement.